Terms & Conditions
1. SESSION FEE: Client agrees to pay Joanna Galant Photography $175 of session fee as deposit at the time of booking to secure their appointment date and time. $100 of above said deposit will be transferred to any of the packages. The session fee covers the time and talent of photographer, retouching and creative editing of 20 images.
Minimum order for digital images must be $200 or higher. The balance is due after final favourite images are chosen. Digital invoice is send via e-mail. Edited images are released for download if the invoice is paid in full. All prices are subject to 13% HST.
Joanna Galant Photography provides DIGITAL FILES ONLY. EDITED IMAGES ARE SENT VIA PASSWORD SECURED LINK ONLY. RAW IMAGES ARE NOT FOR SALE NOR THEY COME WITH THE SESSION.
a) After the portrait session, each image is put through a careful selection process, where Joanna Galant Photography selects images that meet her high standards of quality. Images with eyes closed, unflattering poses, and duplicate images are removed permanently immediately after Joanna Galant Photography completes this culling process. CLIENT acknowledges that Joanna Galant Photography retains complete control over the culling and editing process. Joanna Galant Photography color corrects and does portrait editing on all delivered images in Adobe Photoshop. Joanna Galant Photography also retains complete control over which images are delivered in color and which images are delivered in black and white. During the retouching phase Joanna Galant Photography will remove any unpleasant, for photographer’s eye, object in the background (i.e, trees, branches etc). Skin is edited to Joanna Galant Photography’s taste (i.e. remove acne, dark circles under eyes, dark spot on skin, skin smoothing etc).
Any additional client requested edits, including but not limited to, removal of persons or things, body shaping, head swaps, stickers or fake tattoo removal etc., is a subject of $30 fee (thirty dollars) per image.
b) After edited images are delivered, any requested by CLIENT changes in editing are subject to $75 fee per image.
2. LOCATION COSTS & FEES: If there are any costs/fees associated with the location the CLIENT has chosen for their session, you, the CLIENT, will be responsible for those fees. Joanna Galant Photography will not guarantee but may arrange payment on any location. Free Travel covers locations along Lakeshore Blvd and downtown Toronto. Any location more than 10 km north of these limits will be subject to an additional charge of $1 per km as part of the agreement.
3. RESCHEDULING: If an illness or situation prevents a photo session from taking place, client may reschedule their session at least 48 hours prior to their shoot without penalty. Should client fail to give 48 hours notice, or decide to completely cancel the shoot, this session fee is forfeited and will not be refunded. Photographer reserves the right to reschedule due to illness, weather, equipment malfunction, or other circumstances beyond their control.
4. REFUNDS: Due to the nature of the product, digital images cannot be refunded once delivered to client. Under no condition is the client allowed to edit, crop, filter or tamper with their purchased digital images, to do so is a breach of copyright. The final art pieces created are a representation of the photographer's work and must not be altered in any way. If you would like a photograph edited a certain way (ie black and white conversion of a coloured image) please speak directly with the photographer who will be able to assist you.
5. COPYRIGHTS & PENALTY: Joanna Galant Photography retains all copyrights to all images created during client’s session. The photographer may use images taken at your session for portfolio and networking purposes. This includes (but is not limited to): The Photographer’s website portfolio, Business Facebook page, Instagram, etc. A print release is given with purchased digital files to print portraits for personal use only up to designated size. The print release does not allow publication of your portraits (i.e. entering in contests), selling or altering of your images without the photographer’s written permission. It is illegal to copy, scan, download, print, share or alter any image created by Joanna Galant Photography during client’s photo session. This applies to "sneak peek" images, images posted in an online proofing gallery, blog, Facebook, or hard copy images. If client uses images via any method listed above, or any other method, client will be invoiced for the cost of EACH digital image client has used, at photographer’s current price per digital file.
a) Images the photographer posts online as a preview or blog must not be downloaded, screenshot, cropped or otherwise tampered with - to do so is breaching your contract and may lead to the photographer taking further action. The images shared online are the final art piece created and are not to be edited or altered in any way by the client or the client's family. This constitutes image theft and breach of copyright. The actions the photographer may take includes (but is not limited to): Termination of future sessions due to breach of copyright and contract / deletion of client's images from the photographer's system due to contract being terminated. You are encouraged to share or tag Facebook images, which is in line with your contract, but these images remain the copyrighted property of the photographer and are not to be tampered with.
6. ARCHIVE: Joanna Galant Photography keeps all presented to clients raw files and edited jpgs, until the end of the year. After that all images not chosen by client will be purged from photographer’s hard-drive and online accounts, except clients JPGs and matching RAWs and any images needed for promotional purposes, to be determined by photographer at photographer’s sole discretion. Photographer is not responsible for loss or damage to the digital files due to circumstances beyond photographer’s control.
7. DAMAGE: Photographer is not responsible for the damage of files after delivery to client, including damage caused by 3rd party digital download. Client assumes all responsibility for the safety of all portraits upon receipt.
8. MODEL RELEASE: I hereby give to Joanna Galant Photography the absolute and irrevocable right and permission with respect to the photographs that he/she has taken of myself and/or my minor child in which he/she may be included with others:
a) To copyright the same in the photographer’s name or any other name that he/she may select;
b) To use, re-use, publish and re-publish the same in whole or in part, separately or in conjunction with other photographs, in any medium now or hereafter known, and for any purpose whatsoever, including (but not by way of limitation) illustration, promotion, advertising and trade, and;
I hereby release and discharge photographer from all and any claims and demands ensuing from or in connection with the use of the photographs, including any and all claims for libel and invasion of privacy.
9. LIABILITY: Photographer is not responsible for any injuries inflicted upon any participating parties. Client(s) will be responsible for their children and for themselves and release photographer from any claims against their person or their business.
10. SESSION REQUESTS: No cameras/camcorders/any type of recording device (this includes cell phone cameras) are allowed during the session unless prior arrangement has been made between client and photographer, including a written agreement. The photographer will not continue if there are other cameras or video taping during the session. Session starts at the agreed upon time. It is strongly encouraged that client arrives 15 minutes prior to the start of their session. This allows for any last-minute feeding, changing, and relaxing before session begins. Please make sure hair is combed, nails and face are clean and free of runny noses or eyes; tattoos or stickers removed (there will be a charge of $10 per image to remove any of that in post processing).